- I would definitely recommend especially for regular service intervals as they are about half the cost of the dealer and they get you out quick.Dave P.
- willy the wonder p.
- This was my first visit, I was very impressed with the staff and the way they kept me informed about the work to be done. Great Job!!!Marilyn B.
- Great work on my Lexus!! They knew I had an appointment I needed to get to and worked very efficiently to make sure I was not late.Anna W.
- Very quick on getting your car in to look at it & diagnose it.Megan S.
- Great job at a fair priceMark F.
- They’re prompt, professional, and print everything out for you, so you’ll know what’s wrong or needs to be done or when it should be done.Bruce W.
- Charles D.
- Laura S.
- David H.
Louisville’s #1 Dealership Alternative for European Auto Service & Repair
Here is a brief description of the most common axle design:
Simply put, a drive axle is an axle that is driven by the engine. Typically found in front wheel drive vehicles, a drive axle is split between two half axles, with differential and universal joints between them. Each half axle is connected to the wheel by a third joint—the constant velocity (CV) joint—that allows the wheels to move freely. This joint allows the shaft to rotate, transmitting power at a constant speed without a significant increase in friction and heat. CV joints are usually dependable, but, as is the case for all of your vehicle’s moving equipment, they do require regular inspection. An easy way for you to tell if you need axle repair is to go out to a large space (such as a parking lot), and slowly drive in tight circles. If you hear a clicking or cracking noise, then you have a worn joint and it must be repaired immediately.
Call or visit Turning Wrenches in Louisville today and our mechanics will have you back on the road, “click-free” in no time!