- I would definitely recommend especially for regular service intervals as they are about half the cost of the dealer and they get you out quick.Dave P.
- willy the wonder p.
- This was my first visit, I was very impressed with the staff and the way they kept me informed about the work to be done. Great Job!!!Marilyn B.
- Great work on my Lexus!! They knew I had an appointment I needed to get to and worked very efficiently to make sure I was not late.Anna W.
- Very quick on getting your car in to look at it & diagnose it.Megan S.
- Great job at a fair priceMark F.
- They’re prompt, professional, and print everything out for you, so you’ll know what’s wrong or needs to be done or when it should be done.Bruce W.
- Charles D.
- Laura S.
- David H.
Louisville’s European Auto Exhaust Experts
In some ways, a car’s exhaust system works like a chimney on your house, directing the byproducts from burning fuel away from the people inside. A car’s exhaust system routes waste gases from the engine to the rear of the car, where they are discharged into the atmosphere. Exhaust gases contain dangerous substances such as carbon monoxide, which can be hazardous if allowed to flow into the passenger housing of the car.
It also converts pollutants into less harmful byproducts, reduces the noise of the engine, and directs exhaust gases so they can be used to heat air and fuel before they go into the engine’s cylinders to be burned. Finally, the exhaust system provides just the right amount of backpressure into the engine to improve its fuel-burning efficiency and increase performance.
At Turning Wrenches in Louisville, we service and repair your car’s entire exhaust system, including:
Exhaust Manifold: Acts like a funnel, collecting exhaust gases from all cylinders and releasing it through a single opening. Some engines have two.
Catalytic Converter: Designed to reduce the number of harmful emissions products by transforming pollutants into water vapor and less harmful gases.
Muffler: Metal container with holes, baffles, and chambers that muffles exhaust noise.
Resonator: Works with the muffler to reduce noise.
All components of the exhaust system are connected with a series of clamps, hangers, flanges, and gaskets.
We offer a 3-year/36,000-mile warranty on our services and guarantee that we’ll have your car looking and feeling like new after each visit. Please call or visit our shop today to schedule service or to learn more about our maintenance programs.